There were three rounds of 4 images from each club and then a final. After round 1 the lowest scoring 6 clubs were eliminated, after round 2 this was 5, leaving 6 clubs to compete in round 3, before the top two from that round competed in the final.
We made it through every round and we were the top scoring club in round 3, meaning that we competed in the final against Chorley, where we lost. The scores for our images appear below, and the images are also displayed. Well done to everyone that had a photo included; they all scored well for us.
Round 1 – total score 70
- Juvenile Snow Monkey by Chris Bedwin 20
- Scissors on the Pommel Horse by Noel Patterson 17
- Strike Force by Rob Hockney 17
- Zippy by Jackie Robinson 17
Round 2 – total score 69
- Graceful Leap by Noel Patterson 16
- Pastoral Maiden by Annette Hockney 17
- Storm Over the Cuillins by Simeon Briggs 16
- White-tailed Sea Eagle Landing by Paula Martin 20
Round 3 – total score 76
- Retrieving the Ball from the Ruck by Rob Hockney 17
- Sawyers Lands Her Jump by Noel Patterson 19
- Short-eared Owl in Flight by Alan Saunders 20
- The Hatter and the Dormouse by Annette Hockney 20
Our final image was Buster and the Butterfly by Jackie Robinson, and the judge really struggled to choose between it and an Adrian Lines image of dancers playing chess. In the end he said he would go for the one he would most like on his wall, and went for Adrian’s.
Overall a great competition and interesting format. Thanks to Dorothy and Tony Redford, Aamir Sabzwari, and Rob Hockney for coming along and supporting the club.
We’ll win next year!!!